Thursday, April 28, 2016

Voice Thread

I created a presentation today of a PowerPoint regarding why a newly graduated student would want to come work for a pretend company called LaLa Company, Inc. This company exhibits all of the great benefits I have experienced with companies, and ultimately does not have a product, since it is pretend.
I discovered my speaking voice is not too bad, but I do use the word "um" too often. I plan on removing that from my language, because It made me sound unprofessional. Overall, I think my presentation in convincing, and would persuade a younger generation to work at my company.

  • What worked? Preparing for the presentation in stages. Having a detailed outline allowed me to develop the presentation in a way that was most time effiecient.
  • What didn't work? Using a pretend company, I felt I had to pause a lot to come up with more content.
  • What would you do differently next time? Next time I would prepare the presentation visuals more ahead of time, so I had more time to tweak it.
  • What did you learn that you might use in your professional career? I have discovered that I might use this in my professional career because I can teach myself to continue to prep for presentations in longer fashion, and develop a more authentic presentation. I like that I could be myself, and not try to mimic another speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment