Sunday, July 19, 2015

Essential Oils for health

I have jumped on the bandwagon of using essential oils. I started to use them when my daughter would get a cold, and I would boil eucalyptus oil and peppermint on the stove to get the sent in the air and allow her sinus to open up. This opened my eyes to many other uses for the oils. I recently found it interesting regarding the oil called "Theives" that was supposedly used during the time of the bubonic plague, where looters covered themselves in this oil, and would go around stealing from the dying. They say using this oil still prevents colds and other airborne diseases. I have seen a more commonality of using these oils, and I think its great. A lot of these basic plants were used in early remedy for ailments by our ancestors, although at that time they were not created to an oil and sold in cute jars. I have read before that the percentage of people using these oils are in highest percent in the very educated section of the population, something to look into at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment